We are happy to announce the International Conference at Aarhus University, June 26-28, 2017, on “Innovative solutions for sustainable management of Nitrogen”.
Sustainable management of nitrogen (N) is a key issue for the bio-economy, environmental protection, and human well-being. Innovative, research based solutions are at the nexus of sustainability and new N management approaches are therefore called for, and is the background for the dNmark Research Alliance to invite to this international conference.
The conference will focus on solutions at different scales and places in the N management chain, and participants are invited to submit abstracts to the conference proceedings, and potential special issue papers. In addition to the conference, a full day of excursions are offered to showcases for sustainable N management in Denmark. In addition to the conference, the UN-ECE Task Force on Reactive Nitrogen TFRN-12 workshop is hosted June 29-30. This event is described at the TFRN-12 homepage.
The conference theme is explored through six different sessions:
- New technologies for improved N management for more efficient food chains
- Local solutions and planning, on scales such as watersheds, landscapes, communities and farming systems. This session also considers issues of involvement and interactions with stakeholders
- Health impact challenges with regards to drinking water and air, as well as human and public health
- N abatement policies. The session will explore issues regarding costs, benefits, instruments, conflicts and legal aspects of nitrogen regulation.
- Sustainable consumption and N effects, including meat consumption, production effects, footprints, and normative regulation.
- N monitoring for emission estimation and trends assessment.
We welcome paper contributions to the conference sessions, as well as poster presentations. Read more about the conference sessions via the links in the sidebar. For a short description of the conference, please see the conference flyer.